Isabel

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time

Well, today is Little Miss Grabby Hand's 1st Birthday.  I feel like she kind of got cheated though.  I didn't have time to make a cake (my sister made her cupcakes today) and we really didn't have a celebration.  She did open one gift that her brother picked out (Baby Mega Blocks in pink and purples).  They seem to be a hit with her since they are covering my family room floor.  I have been so busy trying to get items done for the festival this weekend that I just completely ran out of time.

This is the big weekend in my hometown.  The festival begins tonight and goes through Monday.  Tons of people come to town so traffic should be good in the store.  More people, more inventory, and boy did  I need more inventory.  More inventory equated to late nights.  Going to bed at 2-3 in the morning and waking up for work the next day was not fun.  .  I really hope that these late nights pay off, I have enough inventory, and that all of it is gone by the time I return on Tuesday.

One thing I did learn is that the mini korker baby barrettes I made were a huge hit with everyone who saw them.  I got so many compliments on them.  Now, I wish I would have bought more of the tiny ribbon, but I played it safe when purchasing because I wasn't sure if I was going to like it.  So, needless to say, I will be placing an order for some more and in more colors. Here is a picture of them:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, I'm glad the rush is over for now.  At least until the next show or festival comes up.  Hopefully, I can get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight and get some sleep tonight.  After I work on a few things, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment