Isabel

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

After a wonderful 2 days (or was it a day and a half?) up north, we have returned back home.  It was a short trip, but pretty nice despite the fact that the weather was not that pleasant.  We went up on Friday night, then Saturday we went west to go to a winery and did some tasting.  I found quite a few varieties that I liked and bought all but one of them.  After the wine tasting, we went downtown and I took my son to get some fudge.  Yummy!  We did some bumming around at the mall and then headed back.  Then we decided to leave today instead of our originally planned departure date or Monday.  We wanted to beat traffic since school starts up Tuesday.  We hit a few outlet malls on the way home and I got the kids some clothes for the fast approaching fall season.  Cooler weather is drawing near and nothing fit either of the kids.   We also stopped for pizza at a place that my father in law loved.  It brought back some really nice memories and made me wish he was still here to see the kids.  I wish our kids had the opportunity to meet him.

So, here we are back home and I got some craft time in to make a few things tonight for my Etsy shop.  I'm pretty sure I will have to put in some serious crafting time this week.  My sister said my items were selling well this weekend at the store.  She stopped in there today.  I put an order in for supplies on Friday but don't anticipate them coming until Thursday or so.  Bummer, since I am really starting to run low.

Hopefully, we will get some time tomorrow to take the kids to the festival and let our oldest ride some of the carnival rides.  Honestly, I am craving an elephant ear myself.  I haven't had one in years and it just sounds really good.  Not that I would let that influence my decision to go, it's all about the kids having fun....right?

I want to take this time to wish everyone a Happy Labor Day.  Have fun, be safe, and I hope you had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment