Isabel

Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Projects and New School Year

Now that Labor Day has passed, the kids are back in school and all chaos broke loose.  This past week has been a crazy one.  Our oldest started back in school, he's in 1st Grade and going to school all day now.  What an adjustment it has been!  Saying that he has been tired and cranky, would be an understatement.  Got the kids pics taken on Thursday for fall and Little Miss Grabby Hand's 1st Birthday.  On top of all of that, the kids have been sick and now I think I am the next in line. We had the 1st Birthday party yesterday, so that meant Friday and Saturday were completely booked.  Getting ready, dealing with sick kids, and having the party most of the day.

Needless to say, my time has been extremely limited.  However, I did find some time today to experiment with some kanzashi flowers.  My results are below.  These are after quite a few no so good starts.  I plan on selling the headband in the store and putting the clip there too.  I am also going to sell the pink clip on my Etsy site.  What do you think?  They weren't easy to make (well tie anyways) but I kind of enjoyed making them for something different.  Much more time consuming than my typical headband or clip, but I think they are pretty neat looking.  The flower on the headband looks kind of squished.  It's just how the flower way laying for the picture.  It doesn't really look that lopsided.  For the clippie, I only made the light pink flower by hand, the shocking pink one was an embellishment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment